Posted on October 2nd, 2014 | Filed in Food
- 2 tbs evoo
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 6 cups brocoli florets
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups raw spinach
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbs lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- heat oil and cook onion and garlic on medium heat until onion is translucent.
- add broccoli and broth, bring to boil.
- cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- add spinach to pot.
- cut avocado in half, remove pit, pour lemon juice over, then mash in pot.
- use immersion blender or vitamix, blend until smooth.